Petro Houston Partners operate trade in a variety of commodities from around the globe. We work with common requested items, unique requested items and market trends that may be periodically common. Like all commodities, items are traded based on margin per current market value which can vary greatly depending on certain factors and the commodities contract current face value.
Our company has experienced brokers that can effectively work with leverage provided by the futures markets, detailing every one percent price movement. This gives us and subsequently our customer's optimum buying and selling advantages.
Being a natural fossil/rock formation based substance, crude oil needs to be refined into petroleum by-products ducts to extract maximum useable value from its crude form. Common refined forms are gasoline/petrol, LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas), naphtha, kerosene, gas oil and fuel oil. These by-products make up a significant portion of other consumer-ready sub-by-product markets including non-fuel products e.g. plastics, rubber, cooking gas and fuel-based, electricity generator fuel, and automobile/aviation fuel.
Petro Houston Partners LLC, offers all standard international deliverable grades of crude oil including Brent Light Crude Oil and Bonny Light; light (low density), heavy (high density), sweet (less sulfur) and sour (excessive sulfur) crude oil types.
The specific percentiles associated with the oil types may affect the price and weight of oil commodities especially grades that hold special demand based on refinement quality.
Buying and/or selling crude oil futures contracts we work with price per barrel working with standard ticker-tape quotations. Crude oil futures ticker symbol is CL.
There are two main types of wood commodities, soft softwood, and hardwood. Softwood is used in building construction and makes up a significant aspect of the manufacture of furniture and paper. Fir, Spruce, Pine, Redwood, Cypress are some of the trees that softwood can be derived from. You may find hardwood being used in furniture, kitchen utensil, sports equipment, vehicle interior, flooring, gunstock and wood building construction industries. Some common hardwood tree stocks may come from Oak, Poplar, Walnut, Maple and Birch. These may belong to broad-leaved or angiosperm tree families.
With this knowledge we provide for a wide range of industries, providing Lumber of varying types and sizes based on international set standards. We have international providers including United States, Canada and China.
It should be noted that lumber prices might be influence by the following trends:
• Greater demand for cheaper raw logs over finished wood. This affects the running of finished lumber industries and the many industries between the logging to lumber businesses. • Environmental issues, including deforestation, ecosystem shifts making some types of wood unavailable for periods of time
• Varying cost of treating wood for fungus, insects and parasites.
• Volume of new buildings under construction, in particular domestic construction
usually will determine the availability and price based on increased or decreased demand.
Buying and/or selling lumber futures contracts is set by contract size of the wood utilizingticker-tape various standard board footage. Trade quotes are furnished with standard ticker tape quotations. Standard Ticker Symbol for lumber is LB.
Cocoa is utilized in food/snack items from the powder and butter extracts, cosmetics from the butter, garden mulch from the cocoa bean shells, soft soap, animal feed and fertilizer from the cocoa pod husk, and various food additions from the ‘sweatings’ or cocoa pulp juice including soft drinks, alcohol, jams, and marmalade. Criollo and Forastero are two major types of cocoa plants from which these products are produced. Trinitario is a hybrid of both types of plants that are currently developing a steady climb in demand.
It can be said that the cocoa commodity is one with many uses and one that is in high demand especially within the food markets. There are a few places on the planet that have the required factors for the cocoa evergreen tree to thrive and prosper. We grow and sell cocoa here in Trinidad, but it should be known West Africa is the dominant producer worldwide. Petro Houston partners usually will determine the source of this commodity based on the quantity required for the trade. Cocoa prices are usually influenced by:
• Dominant cocoa trade companies
• Climate factors, including heavy temperature drops (below 60 degrees/15 degrees Celsius) and anything less than 2, 000 millimeters of rainfall annually.
• Major producers internal country political instability
• Unfavorable environmental factors that may affect cocoa pollination that is usually carried out by midge flies.
It should be noted that any trade factors of local-based cocoa trade are determined by the state agency CCIBTT. The Cocoa and Coffee Industry Board of T & T (CCIBTT) was established by Act 20 of 1961 with a mandate to “secure the most favorable arrangements for the purchase, sale, handling, grading, exportation, and marketing of cocoa and coffee for the benefit of the Cocoa and Coffee Industry”.
The futures contract for cocoa is traded on the ICE (Intercontinental Exchange) and NYSE (Euronext) stock exchange. Cocoa buying and selling trade quotes are furnished with standard ticker-tape quotations. Contract sizes are measured in metric tons and the standard Ticker Symbol is CC or ECC for Electronic Cocoa commodities.
Though the predominant use of coffee is the enjoyable and stimulating beverage that has become popular worldwide, on a smaller scale it is also used in cosmetics, additives in food products and even some household cleaners.
Coffee production takes place worldwide including here in Trinidad and Tobago. Some dominant producers are Vietnam, Brazil, Indonesia and Colombia. An evergreen bush, coffee comes in two types, Arabica (more favorable) and Robusta (Higher concentrated amount of caffeine and much more bitter with less flavor).
Price influencing factors of coffee are:
• Fairtrade coffee influence on standardizing a pre-harvest price point. •Developing studies per the medical benefits of coffee.
• GDP factor of cash crop-producing countries where coffee makes up a significant
percentile of the country’s income.
• Major coffee by-product companies buying coffee beans and sales of consumer-ready products.
• Demand for the type of coffee beans. Arabica is considered higher quality or premium type coffee and a subject to higher prices, whilst Robusta is sold at a cheaper rate.
It should be noted that any trade factors of local-based coffee trade is determined by the state agency CCIBTT. The Cocoa and Coffee Industry Board of T & T (CCIBTT) was established by Act 20 of 1961 with a mandate to “secure the most favorable arrangements for the purchase, sale, handling, grading, exportation and marketing of cocoa and coffee for the benefit of the Cocoa and Coffee Industry”.
The futures contract for coffee is traded on the ICE (Intercontinental Exchange). Contract sizes are measured in pounds and graded based on a Notice of Certification determining whether the coffee is superior or inferior. Like all commodities coffee contracts is quoted with standard ticker-tape quotations with the ticker symbol being KC or EKC for electronic
Traditionally used as one of the highest forms of currency, gold is now used as investment property in computer technology, electronic, dentistry, medicine, aerospace and jewellery. The major worldwide gold producers are South Africa, U.S. Australia, China, Indonesia and Russia. Some minor producers we trade gold with are Guyana, Suriname and Ecuador.
• The trade markets influence based on the many uses and by-products of gold.
• Underproduction worldwide against the high demand for gold.
• Possible gold shortfall based on usage.
• Strict requirements on sales of gold set by the IMF (International Monetary Fund).
The futures contract for gold is traded at the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) through its Commodity Exchange (COMEX) division via open outcry. It is also traded electronically through the Chicago Board of Trade (eCBOT), India’s National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX), Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX), Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) and Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM).
The contract size is measured in troy ounces with deliverable grades In fulfilment of each contract, the seller must deliver 100 troy ounces (±5%) of refined gold, assaying not less than .995 fineness, cast either in one bar or in three one-kilogram bars, and bearing a serial number and identifying stamp of a refiner approved and listed by the exchange. Our quotes is based on the ticker tape standard. The ticker Symbol for Silver is GC based on NYMEX, and the electronic Symbol is EGC based on Globex.
This precious metal is traditionally used for jewelry and may be alloyed with other base metals such as copper. It is also used in electronics based on its electrical conductivity; silver halide crystals in film strips for the required light sensitivity used in photography, cinematography, and x-rays; the antibiotic properties of silver ions are used in medicine; Energy uses may include the silver paste used in the production of Solar panels and Nuclear energy utilizes the white metal in control rods to slow the reaction of the nuclear core when inserted.
Influencing factors to silver’s price:
• Production of silver seems to have been on the decline, which affects its value
• Silver comes from ore along with copper, gold and zinc. Metal uses per sub-industry can affect directly the prices of other metals. It can become very market dependant. Example: Copper accounts for 26% of the silver mined and is heavily used in the housing market which can then in turn affect the value of base material based on the demand for copper-based items and end products used in home construction and fittings.
• Investors use silver to hedge the currency risk via precious metals as the dollar value
The futures contract for silver is traded at the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) through its Commodity Exchange (COMEX) division via open-outcry. It is also traded electronically through the Chicago Board of Trade (eCBOT), the Indian National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX), Dubai Gold and Commodities Exchange (DGCX), Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) and Tokyo Commodity Exchange (TOCOM).
The contract size is measured in troy ounces with deliverable grades of refined silver at 1. Assayed fineness at 0.999, 2. As cast bars of 1, 000 or 1,100 troy ounces and 3. Stamped and serialized by an approved exchange listing or refiner. Our quotes are based on the ticker tape standard. The ticker Symbol for Silver is SI based on NYMEX, and the electronic Symbol is ZI based on eCBOT
The world uses copper for electronics, power, water supply, transport, lighting and is mined from ore based rocks in open pits. The main ores of copper are Malachite, Bornite and Chalcopyrite. The latter making up the majority of the world supply. After copper goes through its processes of mining, extraction and Purification, it becomes ready for trade into multiple industries internationally. Copper is one of the metals that can be successfully recycled.
Petro Houston Partners LLC, trades in post-processed copper raw material and also recycled copper which may be cheaper, environmental benefits, reduced landfill cost and use, energy-efficient and less strain on the world’s depleting supply. Either way, the customer has the final choice.
The factors that may influence the price of copper include:
• Copper is listed as antimicrobial which may increase demand for its use in germ- sensitive areas
• Its heavy use in multiple industries ensures the demand is always high.
• Environmental analyst speculations that the earth may run out of copper within 25 years if the demand and current rate of extraction remains constant
• The increased use and demand for recycled copper may advert the natural resource depletion and still maintain sufficient supply per demand.
The futures contract for copper is traded at the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) through its Commodity Exchange (COMEX) division and London Metal Exchange (LME) per poundage with deliverable grades based on physical and chemical requirements, and of brand approved listings by the Exchange. The contract size is determined per pound. Copper is quoted with standard ticker-tape quotations with the ticker symbol being HG or the electronic EHG.
This oil based substance is produced by separating the lighter fractions (e.g. liquid petroleum gas, petrol and diesel) from the thick crude oil during the refining process. Other names for bitumen may be ‘refined bitumen, asphalt cement and/or asphalt. Though the term asphalt is a common term used here in Trinidad for a mixture of sand, filler, small stones and bitumen which is mainly used for paving roads.
Bitumen is used in construction and is one of the world’s primary binders for asphalt in road. It can be found in roofing applications e.g. roof tape, pipe coatings, carpet tile and paint.
Factors affecting Price of Bitumen:
• Amount of roads being built worldwide.
• Alternative methods used for insulation and water proof binders in construction may reduce the demand for bitumen in such by-product producing industries thus reducing price.
• International fluctuations per the cost and demand/supply of crude oil.
The future exchange of bitumen may vary based on region, grade and supplier. The contract size is measure in tons and the buying/selling trade contract symbol is BU.
We trade consumable commodities or raw materials to make consumer-ready by-products and consumer-ready consumables meant for wholesale distribution. These soft or expendable properties may vary greatly and can be readily supplied to customers upon request.
Our inventory of edible and non-edible consumables is exhaustive. Some are listed below with their related Ticker Symbols
Our clients both buyers and sellers should note that we also trade selected consumer and industry-ready ready by-products of all our raw material and post raw material contract ready commodities. Please make an appointment to facilitate appropriate consultation for such inquiries.